German floor foundation, which is sometimes referred to as Mass Concrete Oversite or Oversite Mass Concrete, is a crucial component of any structure. When constructing a home in Nigeria, it’s necessary to keep in mind that the German floor of the foundation needs to be installed, and it’s also crucial to understand how much that will cost.
What is a German Floor Foundation?
A concrete floor typically installed over the top of a home’s foundation is known as a German floor or mass concrete oversite. The wall separating the foundational walls of a house from the first floor’s walls is made of unreinforced concrete.
To put it simply, a German floor is a slab that covers a house’s foundation right after the ground has been filled in or a non-reinforced concrete construction that sits on top of the foundation.
What Are The Importance Of German Floors To Any Home?
- In the sense that German floors stop water from the ground or soil from entering the rooms in a house, especially when the German floor has a damp resistant membrane, they prevent moisture in the home (something to prevent water from penetrating).
- As heavy things can rest on the floor without damaging the building, it offers a stable platform for home users.
- German floors are also used to regulate a building’s level.
Cost of German Floor Foundation in Nigeria
All sorts of homes, including duplexes, bungalows, and apartment buildings, need German floor foundations. You should be aware of the materials that will be utilised as well as the range of tasks that will need to be completed prior to the final casting of the german floor if you want to estimate the cost of the german floor that will serve as the basis of your home.
We’ll examine the tools and labour needed to properly cast a bungalow’s German floor foundation in this article. The bungalow under investigation can be a 3, 4, or 6-bedroom apartment. Here is the approximate price:
Cost of Material
- About 10 tons to 40 tons of sharp sand cost between N40,000 to N160,000.
- About 10 tons to 20 tons of Granite and the price will be from N60,000 to N20,000.
- About 10 to 30pcs of 1’x12 ′ wood planks cost between N20,000 to N30,000.
- About 29 to 30 pcs of 2’x2′ wood (purlin) and the price will be from N7000 to N11,000.
- 1 to 2 bags of 2′ nails and the price will be from N10,000 to N20,000.
- 1 to 2 bags of 3′ nails and the price will be from N10,000 to N20,000.
Cost of Labour
- Cost of carpentry works – N30,000 to N70,000
- Concrete casting– N40,000 to N200,000.
- Mason Dressing – N20,000 to N50,000.
The aforementioned costs could change based on how wide the building is. The cost of materials, which ranges from $332 to $800, and the cost of labour, which is between $90 and $320, would, nevertheless, be added to arrive at the final anticipated cost. In light of this, the price to build a cottage with a German floor will range from 450k to 1.1m.
Most professionals would strongly suggest you get German flooring installed in your home, even though some people would think it is unneeded given the expense involved. One cannot overstate the benefits mentioned above, and a German floor should be installed in the structure for a sturdy, waterproof residence.
With the help of the information that has been clearly mentioned above, you can estimate the cost of the German floor of your home’s foundation before it is built. Don’t forget to conduct some market research to learn the current cost of building supplies in the area where your home will be located.