Cost Of Setting Foundation For A 3-Bedroom Flat (2023)
The foundation for a 3-bedroom flat is one of the most crucial components of building such. It might be viewed as the initial stage of actually building a house. The strength of the building as a whole depends on how well the foundation is constructed.
Just look at the foundation to ensure sturdy structures that are not easily influenced by the weather. There are several factors to take into account while planning to begin laying a building’s foundation, including paying workers and the overall cost of the foundation-laying procedure.
Cost of Setting Foundation for a 3-Bedroom Flat
When building the foundation for a 3-bedroom flat, there are numerous things to take into account. These elements influence how much the foundation will ultimately cost to build.
They include: the project’s final cost is influenced by the site’s location, the cost of labour, and the costs of the materials to be utilized, among other factors.
In this article, we’ll look at the costs that are anticipated to be associated with building the foundation for a 3-bedroom flat.
You must first set the foundation’s profile. You will require a variety of supplies, such as planks, pegs, nails, and many more.
- Plank: about 5 pieces of Plank of size 1 by 12. Depending on the location, it usually costs between N7000 – N9000
- Pegs: about 5 bundles of pegs. This costs between N7,000 – N8,000, varying by location.
- Rope: 4 bundles. The estimated cost of about N700- N1200.
- Nails: sizes 2 inches and 3 inches. The nails cost between N1,000 – N2,000
- Cost of labour – This depends on the strength of the labour force you have employed for the process. You should expect to spend between N7,000 – N10,000
Digging and excavation of the land are the next steps in the construction process. This procedure is inexpensive and doesn’t need much effort. As the workers typically already have their tools, the main expense for this job will be labour.
Depending on the region and size of the engaged labour force, it typically costs between N12,000 and N25,000.
The concrete work starts at the foundation’s binding. A typical foundation for a 3-bedroom flat should have a base thickness of roughly 150 mm, a height of 0.45 meters, and a length of 85.5 meters. Materials to be used in this process include a few of the following:
- Cement: about 10 to 12 bags of cement would be used. This costs between N31,500 – N40,000 depending on the location
- Sand: about 20 tons of sand would be used and expected to cost between N85,000 – N100,000 depending on the location
- Granite: about 20 tons of Granite costing between N100,000 – N120,000 depending on the location.
- Labour: amount to be paid for labour is between 25000-35000.
If there is access to water in that area, the cost to be incurred would be reduced. Laying the foundation block comes after the concrete has been bound. This is the price to be paid for laying a 9-inch block of four coaches;
- Cement: about 12 to 14 bags of cement cost between N37,500 – 40,000
- Vibrated Blocks of about 650 pieces would be needed. This costs between N130, 000 – N150, 000
- Work relating to plumbing should cost between N25,000 – N35,000
- Labour: you should budget around 35000-40000.
Filling and casting of the foundation for a 3-bedroom flat are the last two steps in the building of the foundation. It is suggested that the soakaway and septic tank be dug in order to use the sand there, as doing so will lower the cost of the process.
- Laterite: about 3 trips of 20 – 22 tons. It should cost between N65,000 – N80,000 depending on the location
- Cement: about 25 bags. This costs between N75,000 – N85,000
- Nylon: This should cost between N15,000 – N20,000 depending on the location
- Labour – You should budget about N35,000 – N40,000
In order for a building to last the test of time, the foundation must be extremely solid. Use high-quality materials; do not use inferior ones to save money. Although it may appear pricey, building a solid foundation for a 3-bedroom flat will benefit you more in the long run and save you from incurring any unexpected costs.