What are the estates in Lagos state and what part of the state are the located?
Lagos, the enjoyment headquarters of Nigeria, is home to the highest number of residential estates in Nigeria and second highest number of residential estates in Africa.
Being a highly productive state, over 40% of its population are high net worth individuals who own or rent buildings in the many estates which are mostly on the island.
Estates in Lagos are one of the best places to live in Lagos considering safety, stable electricity, adequate water, and other needed human infrastructures which the places mentioned below have in their possession.
There are new and old estates to be listed below. The new estates are those newly established or developed areas whilst the old estates are still in existence but have been established for a longer period of time.
Table of Contents
Estates In Lagos, Nigeria
The estates in Lagos, Nigeria include;
1. Parkview Estate: This is a family business estate located in Ikoyi and about 3 minutes drive from lekki Ikoyi bridge and banana Island. It is home to many top billionaires and celebrities in Nigeria, such as ;Amaju Pinnick, Genevieve Nnaji. It is one of the most expensive estates in Lagos.
2. Pinnock Beach Estate: With constant electricity, well treated water supply covering over 3 hectares of land, good roads and street lighting, pinnock estate is amongst the best residential estates in Lagos state.
3. Chevy View Estate: This estate lies along chevron drive, off the Lekki-Epe expressway. The estate is directly opposite the Lagos office of Chevron Nigeria Limited. Non-residents can gain access into the estate.
4. Lekki Gardens Estate: This estate is located along Lekki- Epe expressway, a short distance from Abraham Adesanya roundabout. The security here is very tight with entry restricted to residents alone. The estate also has good roads, constant electricity and access to public transport water utility.
5. Living Gold Estate: This is amongst the most popular estates in Lagos. Located just beside Banana island, this gives the residents the same benefits as those of Banana island. It also happens to be one of the estates with the highest cost of living in Lagos
6. Friends Colony Estate: This is another great estate in Lagos as it is rated 4.7-5.0 on a rare scale. It has very tight security, good infrastructures as well as constant power supply.
7. Grenadine Homes Citiview Estate: This is a mainland estate located at the boundary between Lagos and Ogun state. It is covered by the international certification of occupancy. It is a residential and business estate. It is about 15 minutes from Muritala Muhammad airport.
8. Shonibare Estate: Also located in Maryland, this estate offers premium rent prices to its various customers. It is a very calming environment that is also safe and secure due to its proximity to Ikeja military residence. The architecture of the estate is elegant with good roads lined by trees.
9. G Cappa Estate: This is one of the estates in Lagos located at Maryland along Mobolaji Bank, Anthony way. It is very close to computer village as well as ShopRite and Sheraton Hotel. It was established and maintained by G Capps, one of the largest engineering companies in Nigeria, thus making the estate one with unrivalled infrastructure.
10. Orchid Court: This estate in Lagos is located in Ikeja and has 7 sorts of property arrangements where you can pick from. It is a European standard estate with features such as children’s play areas, swimming pools, leisure gyms, landscapes, outdoors, and balconies.
Other estates in Lagos include;
11. Nikon town estate
12. Bourdillon estate
13. Banana island estate
14. Oral Estate
15. 1004 Estate
16. Victoria Island
17. Beach land Estate
18. Okupe estate
19. Wemabod estate
20. Ilupeju estate
21. Punch estate
22. Apapa GRA
23. Ikeja GRA
All estates in Lagos are now accessible to anyone who can afford it though they were previously reserved only for top government workers, Industrialists, Politicians, Expatriates, Senior Military Officers and Prominent families. The buildings in these estates are of good quality and high worth, making it an investment on the part of their owners.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are all the estates in Lagos state privately owned?
No, not all estates in Lagos are privately owned. Some of them are owned by the government as well. Prominent examples are the Ikeja GRA and the Apapa GRA.
2. Are estates in Lagos state secure?
Different estates in Lagos state have different security protocols. Putting security in mind, it is advised that one carries out a background check on whatever estate there are plans to get an apartment in. This is to ensure maximum security of lives and property.
3. What amenities are readily available in Lagos estates?
Some estates have basically nothing available and would need you to construct your home while some have apartments and furniture ready for rent. It all depends on which estate you have in mind.
4. What is the most expensive estate in Lagos?
Did you know that Banana Island has more expensive houses than London? Banana Island is the most expensive estate in Lagos. It’s nearly impossible to have an apartment on Banana Island for less than a million naira.